A list showing all progress made on this movie to date:
1. The script is highly polished. Draft 11.00 completed. Highly rated by readers.
2. An award winning director is onboard.
3. Two demo scenes have been made and are viewable onsite. (And they sold as a short film
4. Six polished practice scenes have been shot and edited.
5. Six less polished practice scenes have been shot and edited. Shooting these scenes will
ensure efficiency and quality during the actual shooting of the movie. It will be like I am
shooting the movie for the second time, which means I can avoid mistakes. It will go faster.
6. Three lead actors have been short listed, including a Best Actress Award winner.
7. Incorporation completed. The new company, just for the movie, is called "Sam and
Leah Productions Inc." BC 0792273
8. A budget has been drawn up. The complete budget is viewable on this site.
9. TWO investors are onboard.
10. An award winning producer is onboard! Our producer is Eva Wunderman, with 20 years
in the film business and 16 major productions and numerous awards. To find out all about
Eva, CLICK HERE.
11. The rights to two songs have been secured. The songs are perfect for the movie, and
they have been secured with signed agreements and full payments made for the rights to
use them in this movie. To hear "She's a Big Girl Now" CLICK HERE. To hear
"Innocence" by Julie Blue, CLICK HERE. More on Julie Blue below.
12. Julie Blue, a very talented and well known recording artist and composer is onboard
for the musical score. To find out about her many film credits, and hear samples of her
work, CLICK HERE.
13. The website is operational.
14. A business plan has been drawn up.
15. City permits and locations have been researched. The main location has been
16. The story rights have been secured with a signed agreement.
17. An entertainment lawyer has been employed.
18. Contracts for cast and crew have been drawn up by our lawyer.
19. Some distributor interest. See link on homepage.
20. An award winning Director of Photography (DP) is onboard!
Our DP is Tony Papa, a well established filmmaker with expertise in international
documentary, performance and dramatic productions.
Mr. Papa has studied film and television in New York, Toronto, Los
Angles and Vancouver. Since 1996, his company AVANTI PICTURES,
based in Vancouver has produced thirteen documentaries and 4 dramas as
as well as countless music videos, shorts, and artistic productions for
screen and television. He has received many awards including best
directing for a series called Cosmic Odyssey, for Discovery Network,
Best Documentary for True Prince: Vladimir Malochov, and a Gemini
award for Suzuki Speaks, an innovative program directed, produced and
edited by Papa. Other recent award winning productions include the
documentary WordLoveWorldLove and the performance Doco entitled
Kathaumixw: A Thousand Voices, a Single Passion. Website for AVANTI
You can find me on IMDB, which is not
that easy to get on, with 74 credits:
American investors welcome. My first
investor is in California.